Yes. We have worked closely with headache experts and healthcare lawyers to create an experience that is safe, legal and seamless for our users. While state rules currently prevent us from offering telemedicine services in every state, we have worked to provide an easy and affordable service to as many Americans as possible.
Articles in this section
- How do I contact my Cove doctor?
- Why don't I need blood work or a MRI to use Cove?
- Can I speak to my Cove doctor on the phone?
- Can I speak with a pharmacist?
- How can I provide feedback on my Cove doctor?
- How can I share my medical record with my primary care doctor?
- Can I access, supplement or amend my health information?
- Does Cove replace my primary care doctor?
- Why do I have to submit a photo of my government-issued ID?
- How long does it take for my doctor to complete my migraine consultation?