During a migraine attack, a nerve in the brain releases a protein called calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP). CGRP attaches to and activates receptors in the brain and can play a role in migraine attacks. Nurtec ODT helps block these receptors. This can help stop the pain signals, swelling of blood vessels, and inflammation that occurs in the brain during a migraine.
Articles in this section
- What is Nurtec™ ODT?
- Who should take Nurtec™ ODT?
- How does Nurtec™ ODT work?
- When should I take Nurtec™ ODT?
- Can I take Nurtec™ ODT alongside my preventive migraine medication?
- How do I get Nurtec™ ODT through Cove?
- Do I need to complete a doctor consultation to get Nurtec™ ODT through Cove?
- How much does Nurtec™ ODT cost with Cove?
- Can I get Nurtec™ ODT through my insurance?
- Are there any side effects of Nurtec™ ODT?