During a migraine attack, a nerve in the brain releases a protein called calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP). CGRP attaches to and activates receptors in the brain and can play a role in migraine attacks. Nurtec ODT helps block these receptors. This can help stop the pain signals, swelling of blood vessels, and inflammation that occurs in the brain during a migraine. Nurtec ODT works differently from triptans.
Articles in this section
- What is Nurtec® ODT?
- Who should take Nurtec® ODT?
- How does Nurtec® ODT work?
- When should I take Nurtec® ODT?
- How do I get Nurtec® ODT through Cove?
- Do I need to complete a doctor consultation to get Nurtec® ODT through Cove?
- How much does Nurtec® ODT cost with Cove?
- Can I get Nurtec® ODT through my insurance?
- Are there any side effects of Nurtec® ODT?
- Is Nurtec® ODT FDA-approved?